Wednesday 13 October 2010

Obama Book Tosser Says His Throw Was 'Guided by Jesus'

Sajid Khan, the "over-exuberant" fan who threw a book perilously close to President Obama in Philadelphia last weekend, claims his throw was "guided by Jesus". Khan, a self-styled "wisdom coach" who also owns a New York antiques store, was arrested by Secret Servicemen on Sunday after a copy of his book How To Become Wise landed within feet of the President. Today, at a loopy community page at Google's knol, he has been ranting at the media coverage of what he claims was not a "cheap publicity stunt" but an attempt to "wake up the President". He also describes how after using his "medium powers" and calling on Jesus, he watched his book transform into a "bird fluttering its wings". With friends like these Obama...

What is this world coming to? Anytime anyone takes advantage of the world stage all that we assume is the selfish reasons behind the act. All this talk of me trying a cheap publicity stunt are a reflection of what we have become as humans. If you look at my history all I have tried to do is try to wake up President Obama to the fact that trying to fix regular intelligence education will not improve much the real mess in education. The real mess is in emotional intelligence education which is more or less neglected. All this race to the top money is again going to find ways to again invest money in improving math and science while the bigger problem is the lack of emotional intelligence education. I have handed the President some of my articles, which I am sure he must have read.

This time too my plan was to hand him my book, 'How to become wise'. I was one fence too much away from where I could hand over the book. In fact the fence was open at one stage and many people walked over to the nearer fence. I asked the secret service officer, I said that some people were walking over to the first fence and if I could do the same. He was quite sharp and he said no I couldn't go because I was chatting up with all the VIPs and sharing my thoughts and showing my book. He said I might try to distract the President. So I had no other way. I had to take my chances. I did not think of the publicity, and I thought I had the nod from the Vice President. So I thought how should I throw it. If I just tossed the book at the body level there were three secret service officers right in front of me. They would certainly block the book from landing on the stage. So I said let me see how I should do this. I decided to throw it high up in the air and I aimed it about 10' from the Vice President. I said as long as the book lands on the stage it will be mission accomplished. I dare not throw it at his body level so I aimed it away from him, towards the empty part of the stage.

The throw was definitely magical. I combined my experience as a googly bowler, and a Frisbee thrower. I threw it straight up and it was almost coming straight down, I focused on my medium powers by praying to Jesus and at one stage you can see the book looks like a bird fluttering its wings. Midway the book seems to have started flapping its pages and it opened up like a paper plane, changed direction and floated over like a paper plane to within 4 feet of the Vice President! I actually missed my target spot of 10' away but I kept my margin of error with in perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment